Monday, August 9, 2010

This is Why I've Been a Holy Terror Lately!

     Morgan is normally the sweetest, happiest, most carefree baby, but for the last several days, someone has apparently stolen my sweet little girl and replaced her with this little munchkin-monster that looks exactly like her.  She has been moodier than an 8-month pregnant woman who's run out of chocolate!  She would be happily playing, then all of a sudden would start fussing and yelling over nothing!  Changing her diapers and clothes lately has made me seriously consider going into professional calf-roping.  Today, we found out the reason...

     I was playing with Morgan in the floor during one of her happy phases and she was laughing hysterically when I noticed a small, white spec on her lower gum.  I rubbed my finger over it and sure enough, a little tooth had started to emerge!  It all made sense now!  This little munchkin-monster was actually my sweet, little girl with some seriously sore gums!  I tried to get a picture to post on here, but of course, the mood pendulum had swung again and the fussy phase had settled into place for its next shift.  This meant no picture and definitely no showing Daddy.  Getting her to open her mouth again anytime today was not going to happen.  You'd think we were trying to pluck her eyes out or something the way she was squirming and fussing!  We waved the white flag after about 30 seconds and shortly after this lovely display of temper, we put the little diva to bed.  I'll try again tomorrow to get a good picture to post.

     I'm relieved to know the cause of her moodiness, but my new worry is just how long this phase is going to last!  Is it just a couple of weeks as the first few teeth emerge or is this an ongoing thing for months until all teeth have made their presence known?  {{{Shudder}}}  Lord, give me strength....

     

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Dylans just came and went in phases. Maybe just a couple days here and there. The thing is, he is still moody sometimes and it has nothing to do with teeth!! haha He pretty much throws a fit every morning when he gets his clothes on.

    ReplyDelete