Friday, August 6, 2010

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Benadryl!

Everyone says married couples experience what's known as the 7th Year Itch; a time in marriage, usually around the 7th year, when one or both spouses find themselves getting bored and looking elsewhere for new excitement. I know this exists because I know someone that just went through a divorce resulting from his ex-wife's "itch" that she gave in to scratching.

As mine and Brad's 7th anniversary approaches (November 1st to be exact), I find myself occasionally wondering if either one of us will get the dreaded itch. The other night, as we sat together with Morgan at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants,
something enchanting happened. I use the word enchanting because I imagine the feeling I had could have been delivered to me on the delicate wings of a butterfly, like in that Lunesta commercial. The epiphany that came to me was so unexpected and so calming and comforting that it reminded me of the moment the prince kisses (insert Disney prince
ss here) and a small glow of light awakens the princess. In that instant, she knows that this stranger standing over her, staring into her heavy-lidded eyes, sharing this most touching and intimate of acts with her is indeed her hero and her soul mate. I looked at my husband holding our child and felt a glow of love, attraction and affection for him that flowed through my whole body and brought a smile to my face. This man, the man before me dancing about like a crazy person with our baby to keep her entertained, this man that I have spent almost 10 years of my life with and almost 7 years of marriage with, this man that I simply cannot get enough of and doubt
my desire for will ever be satiated, this man is indeed my hero and my soul mate, my prince.

2 comments:

  1. I let Brad read this when I posted it in my personal, hand-written journal at home before I posted it on here and as he was reading, he thought this was my way of telling him I had an affair! HA! He just kept saying "Oh, this isn't good... this can't be good... this isn't what you want to hear...", then he finally got to the sweet part and let out an audible sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAD AND STEPH,
    I LOVE YOUR MESSAGE. KEEP LOVING ALL OF YOUR FAMILY,AS YOU LOVE BRAD. KEEP IT GOING UNTIL 59 YEARS, WE MADE IT!!

    LOVE,
    GRANDDADDY POOLE,RALEIGH.\,N.C.

    ReplyDelete