Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yes, Tears ARE Sexy!

     I saw my husband cry for the first time tonight... and it was the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

     Brad and I have been together for almost 10 years and in all those years, I've never seen him cry, ever.  Not when we got married, not when I was in the hospital, not when he lost his job, not when I told him I was pregnant, not when Morgan was born... never... although he did get a little misty-eyed one time over a sports montage set to Five For Fighting's Chances Are.

     Brad leads the high school worship at our church on Wednesday nights.  Tonight, the high school pastor showed a video after his message about Job.  This video just happened to precede Brad's last song, which was to be a moving solo on his acoustic guitar.  Now, I wasn't there to actually witness this, but he says that he was so teary-eyed that he could barely do the song!  Knowing my husband the way I do, I took that to mean, okay, so he was moved a little by this video, which means he probably just had to clear his throat a little before singing because my husband just does not cry... period.  Well, after we got home, he showed me this video and I'm not going to lie, I was in tears, and I don't cry easily at stuff... except for the shelter animals commercial with Sarah McClachlan singing Angel.  That one tears me up every time!  In the midst of my blubbering, I looked over to see his reaction and there were tears in MY husband's eyes, actual tears!  This man that I've known for almost a decade without a single tear in those 10 years, this man that watches more sports than the number of Brett Favre's retirement announcements, this man that displays so much testosterone that part of me wonders if he might could actually lift a car if he was of mind to, was tearing up over a video about a baby.  Some might ask, "what kind of man does that?!" and I would have to answer proudly, "MY man does that!"  Any guys out there that might be reading this blog, take a woman's advice:  nothing attracts women more than a guy that can get emotional over something he's passionate about or that he cares about deeply... nothing.  My amazing husband was seeing our own child mirrored in this baby and it warmed my heart so much to see how much he truly, deeply cares for our child.  It was like that scene in How the Grinch Stole Christmas when the Grinch's heart swells up and breaks that little x-ray device.  My heart was swelling with admiration for what a wonderful, caring father my husband is and THAT puts all of those shirtless Abercrombie models to shame.  Girls?  Can I get a "heck yeah"?

By the way. here's the video.  Watch it with a box of tissues.
99 Balloons

1 comment:

  1. wow! pertandingan sabung ayam yang sangat seru dari sudut AGAW melawan BIYA untuk anda yang mau menonton silahkan akses link ini www.sateayam.co
    http://taruhanayamonline.centerblog.net/3-ketidaksamaan-ciri-adu-ayam-dengan-yang-lokal

    ReplyDelete